Saturday, March 10, 2007

P.S.

I’ve spent the whole of today trying to come up with a female PR character who is portrayed differently from the mainstream. Any suggestions? So far I can only think of one: Hazel from Footballers’ Wives, who was responsible for handling PR for a football club. Embarrassing as it is, I was actually addicted to that show, which probably does not do much for highlighting my intelligence! Anyway, I’m not sure whether Hazel could actually be used as an example of a refreshing alternative to typical characters, as she was sharp, ambitious, power-driven, very stereotypically homosexual, pushy, selfish and a bully. I would say she was at the other end of the extreme! Then again, Hazel was leading a ridiculously glamorous lifestyle, full of parties and drugs.

If any of you can think of other alternatives, let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, PR persons have been my favourite movie characters, after the villains of course! And I just remembered another embarrassing soap about an ugly secretary, who was in love with her boss and then she became beautiful and successful. This soap was adapted in many countries, and in Russian version there was the PR executive girl. She was one of the coolest characters and she wasn't obsessed with drinking, parties and shops, but she was very stylish, she did her job very well and could find a common language with everyone. And actually it was her, who turned the ugly secretary into a pretty and successful lady. She was sort of a Fairy God Mother to her.

Alena Kravchenko said...

Are you talking about Ne Rodis' Krasivoy? The Russian version of Ugly Betty :)